RELATED: Thanks | History of the Festival | News Story | 2014 Authors | TV and Print Ad | Advisory Committee | News Archive | Privacy | Disclaimer | Search Results | Volunteer Positions | Volunteer FAQs | Press Releases | Links of Friends and Partners | 2014 Book Festival Friends | 2014 Schedule | 2014 Exhibitors | Author Accolades | Exhibitor Statistics | Antiquarian Book Dealers | Signing Schedule | 2013 Book Festival Friends | '13 Archive | '13 Archive | Opening Night Reception | 2012 Book Festival Friends | '12 Archive | '12 Archive | Commercials | 2014 SC Book Festival Volunteer Registration Form | The Literary Vine | 2014 Writing Workshops | 2011 Book Festival Friends | 2010 Book Festival Friends | '11 Archive | '10 Archive | '09 Archive | '11 Archive | '10 Archive
2014 Author Submission Guidelines
The 2014 SCBook Festival will be held May 16-18, 2014, at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, SC. With over 6,000 people annually participating in our audiences, the festival is the state’s premier literary event. Please see our hospitality page for information about Author accommodations.
We will begin accepting submissions for the 2014 SCBook Festival on August 1, 2013.
Author selection for the SCBook Festival runs from August 1, 2013 through March 1, 2014. Suggested authors will be considered as presenters for panels and readings; for book signings in the Book Signing Area; and for other special events occurring throughout the three days of festival activities.
The SCBook Festival uses the following criteria for evaluating author submissions:
- Completed 2014 Author Submission Form. Please download the form (PDF).
- A hard copy (or an Advance Reader's Copy) of the author’s book with a brief synopsis and press kit must be submitted by the publisher.
- Authors selected will be deemed to be of wide interest to the general public.
- Preference is given to authors with new books or significant reprints scheduled for publication between August 2013 and May 2014.
- The selection committee chooses as diverse a group as possible regarding subject of publication, targeted age level (adult, teen, juvenile), ethnic origin of author, and popularity of the book (best seller vs. academia).
- Festival programming includes, but is not limited to, the following sub-categories: Southern story, mystery, thriller, historical fiction, biographies, cooking, literary, regional, romance, humanities, children’s, young adult, and graphic novels.
Self-published authors and other authors not selected as part of the presentation panels are encouraged to participate in the festival as exhibitors. Please see Exhibitor Page
Your work will be reviewed by the Author Selection Committee who selects from more than 1,000 titles submitted each year.
Due to the high volume of submissions, the SCBook Festival will respond only to submissions that have been selected and accepted as a part of the presentation programming. If you have submitted but haven't heard from us yet, please be patient. Author selection is a lengthy process, and the majority of selections have not been made. Books and materials submitted become property of the South Carolina Book Festival and will not be returned. The submission of materials does not guarantee selection.
Author selection runs from August 1, 2013 through March 1, 2014 and is subject to be closed earlier based on the availability of our limited presentation slots. Notification may be received anywhere between these dates
Please submit your suggestions to: SCBook Festival Author Submission
2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 203
Columbia, SC 29204